No-bake cookies are amazing! They’re super simple and quick to make. There’s no chill time required for the dough and they’re a perfect option for days when it’s too hot to turn on your stove. These delicious gluten-free triple almond no-bake cookies are a huge hit with vegans and non-vegans alike.
Recipe Inspiration For No-Bake Triple Almond Cookies
One day I was planning on making traditional no-bake cookies, but I didn’t have any peanut butter. I wondered how they would taste if I just used almond butter instead, then the inspiration hit me. Why stop there?
I could use this chance to really make the almonds shine by replacing some of the oats with toasted almond slices and almond extract instead of vanilla.
… Okay, I admit it, I’m a little obsessed with almonds.
The results were phenomenal!
FAQ And Tips For Making Vegan No-Bake Cookies
This recipe is pretty simple and straight forward, but here are some tips and suggestions to make sure your cookies turn out perfect.
- Plan ahead! Once all of the ingredients are mixed together they start to set up pretty quickly. Plan ahead by covering baking sheets or counter space with parchment paper before you start the recipe.
- Can you substitute the quick oats with old fashioned oats? Yes, you can. I prefer the texture of the quick oats, but old fashioned oats will also work. You’ll end up with a chewier cookie.
- Can I replace the sugar with a different kind of sweetener? Unfortunately no. No-bake cookies are more like candy making than baking. The sugar works as a binder and without it they won’t set up properly.
- Set a timer! It’s important to pay attention to how long your sugar is boiling. If you take it off the heat too soon your cookies won’t set up, too long and they’ll be dry and crumbly.
More Vegan Cookie RecipesPrint
Easy vegan almond packed no-bake cookies.
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Cover a countertop or baking sheets with parchment paper where the cookies will cool.
- Heat a large pot over med heat. Once hot, add the sliced almonds and stir constantly until lightly golden (about 3 mins).
- Pour them into a small bowl and once they’ve cooled enough to handle, gently crush them roughly into oat sized pieces.
- Add the sugar, almond milk, oil, and salt to the pot and return to heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil and then cook for 1 1/2 mins.
- Stir in the almond butter then remove from heat and add the almond extract and oats. Mix well.
- Working quickly, drop teaspoonfuls onto the parchment paper and let cool.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 5.1
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Gluten-free, vegan, easy, dessert, cookie