Sometimes you just need to indulge.
You can’t really get more indulgent than
This is definitely a sometimes food.
It’s kinda a labor of love in that it is a time-consuming recipe.
Also, you’ll need a candy thermometer to make the caramel layer.
Vegan marshmallows are available in some health food stores or online.
Homemade vegan snickers bars.
- Nougat layer:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed soy milk
- 2 cups vegan marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- Carmel layer:
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate layer:
- 3 cups cholate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Nougat layer: In a medium saucepan combine sugar, Earth Balance, and sweetened condensed soy milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until well combined. Stir in peanuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over the baking pan and place in freezer while making next layer.
- Carmel layer: Place all ingredients (except for vanilla) in a saucepan. Heat mixture to 240 degrees F, stirring often. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Spread over nougat layer and return to the freezer. Leave in freezer until caramel is firm to the touch (approximately 15-20 min).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut the candy into 24 bars.
- Place the bars on the baking tray and return to the freezer if the caramel is getting soft.
- Chocolate layer: In a microwave heat chocolate and peanut butter, checking every 20 seconds until melted and smooth. Place nougat and caramel bars into the chocolate one at a time and roll until completely covered. You’ll want to work quickly so that the caramel doesn’t have a chance to melt. Return the bar to the baking tray. Once all the bars are covered, place the tray back in the freezer until chocolate has set.
- Serving Size: 24
- Calories: 492
- Fat: 28.5
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Protein: 8