Unfortunately, sometimes you can’t go camping. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t have s’mores. Stuck at home? No problem, with this vegan gluten-free s’mores pie you can fill the void until the next time you get to sit around and roast marshmallows by a campfire!
With a creamy rich chocolate filling and a toasted marshmallow top, there’s a lot to love. It’s perfect for an anytime treat and it’s also a total crowd-pleaser, making a great dessert for any gathering like potlucks and barbeques.
There is no wrong time for a s’mores pie!
FAQ And Tips For Making A Gluten-Free Vegan S’mores Pie
- Are marshmallows vegan? No, traditional marshmallows aren’t vegan since they contain gelatin. However, there are several amazing vegan versions on the market, like Dandies Marshmallows, They get gooey and golden brown just like nonvegan marshmallows. Which make them perfect for s’mores
- Are graham crackers vegan? Typically no, most graham crackers conain honey.
- Can I substatute the silken tofu with firm or extra firm? Firm and extra tofu tend no to blend as smoothly, so I don’t recomend using them.
More Vegan DessertsPrint
A delicious pie based off of the traditional camping dessert. Vegan|Gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break the graham crackers into pieces. Place in a food processor and grind until there are no large chunks. Add the melted Earth Balance and blend again.
- Firmly press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a greased pie pan.
- Bake for 10 mins and then allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, melted chocolate, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place in the freezer for 15-20 mins, or until it’s firm but not frozen.
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine the marshmallows and the Earth Balance and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Mix in the corn syrup.
- Carefully spread the marshmallow mixture over the pie.
- Cover the exposed crust with foil to prevent from burning.
- Place pie under the broiler. Leave the door ajar and keep a close eye on the pie. Cook for about 1 min, or until the top starts to turn golden.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 663
- Fat: 29.6
- Carbohydrates: 91
- Protein: 9
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Vegan, smores, dessert, pie