Vegan protein cookies are a simple to make, soft, tasty, protein-packed peanut butter chocolate chip treat! No chilling required.
I’ve made a lot of vegan cookies over the years. Sometimes I go for something classic like my peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Other times, I want something a little more substantial that won’t take a ton of time to make. That’s were these protein cookies come in.
What Makes These Cookies So Awesome?
- They’re quick to make! The dough doesn’t require any chilling so you can whip up a batch in under 30 minutes.
- They don’t take a lot of ingredients.
- They are gluten-free.
- They’re pretty filling. Since they have a healthy dose of protein these cookies will satisfy your hunger.
How To Make Vegan Protein Cookies
To make these protein cookies start by mixing together the ground flaxseeds with warm water in a small bowl and then let it rest. In a large bowl mix together the oats, sugar, protein powder, and baking powder. Add in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and the flaxseed mixture and stir until well combined. The dough will be very thick so it might be necessary to use your hands to get everything thoroughly mixed. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them until the bottoms of them turn a golden brown, about 10 minutes.
The cookies will be very soft when they first come out of the oven but will firm up as they cool off.
FAQ And Tips For Making Vegan Protein Cookies
- Oats: For this recipe, either quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats will work just fine.
- Plant-based protein powder: I personally recommend a pea-based protein powder. It’s a complete protein, it’s easily digestible, and I personally think it has a better flavor than a lot of other protein powders. For this recipe, I used Simple Truth plant-based protein powder, but Vega is another good brand that’s easy to find.
- Chocolate chips: I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips.
- Butter: You don’t need to add butter or any extra oil of any kind the peanut butter will keep these cookies soft.
How Much Protein Is In Each Cookie?
It’ll depend on which brand of protein powder you use. The protein content of different brands of protein powder can vary quite a bit. I used Simple Truth plant-based protein powder and each cookie contained 7g of protein.
More Vegan Cookie RecipesPrint
These easy to make vegan protein cookies are soft, delicious, and satisfying.
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup warm water
- 1 Cup oats
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup plant-based protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the flax seeds with the warm water and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together the oats, protein powder, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in the peanut butter, flax seed mixture, and vanilla extract. The dough will be very thick and you might need to use your hands to get everything incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1 1/2 ball and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool. They will be very soft at first but will firm up as they cool off.
- Serving Size: 2 Cookies
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 17.7
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Protein: 14
Keywords: high protein vegan food, protein recipe, vegan snack