Honey mustard is a classic! Sweet, tangy, and creamy, it’s practically irresistible! This vegan version is every bit as delicious as the original version! Plus, it’s super easy to make.
Before this recipe, it had been ages since I’d had honey mustard since it obviously isn’t vegan. Now that I know how easy it is to make a vegan version at home it’s going to be something I include in my normal rotation.
Is Honey Vegan?
No. Honey is a food bee’s make for themselves to eat therefor it isn’t vegan.
How Can You Make Honey Mustard Without Honey?
Technically maybe this should be called “honey” mustard since it uses vegan honey or agave. To make this sauce extra creamy soak cashews overnight, then drain them and then blend them with the remaining ingredients until smooth.
What If I Don’t Have Time To Let The Cashews Soak Overnight?
Don’t worry. If you’re short on time you can do a quick soak. Simply cover the cashews with boiling water and let them soak for an hour.
What Can You Do With “Honey” Mustard?
You can do anything with vegan honey mustard that you’d do with the original. Use it as:
- a dipping sauce for vegetables
- a salad dressing
- a sandwich spread
Tips And FAQ For Vegan Honey Mustard Recipe Success
This is a very easy recipe, but if you’ve never made it before you might have some questions.
- Why do you soak the cashews? Soaking the cashews with soften them and help your sauce to turn out smooth. If you skip this step you’ll end up a slightly chunky or grainy sauce.
- How long will this honey mustard sauce keep? This honey mustard sauce should keep up to three days in the refrigerator. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container. If it begins to separate, simply whisk it until everything is well incorporated again.
More Vegan SaucesPrint
Vegan Honey Mustard
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 2 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Vegan & Gluten-free
This creamy and tasty vegan honey mustard sauce is very easy to make.
Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover them with water. Refridgerate overnight and then drain the water.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 5.4
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 2
Keywords: vegan honey sauce
Leave a Reply