Vegan quiche sounds like an oxymoron, but it’s really not as crazy as seems.
They’re very easy to make and will last several days in the refrigerator.
You can make them on the weekend and have a quick breakfast ready to go during the week.
Since they’re packed with protein and fiber, these little quiches are a great way to start your morning.
With only 3.8 net carbs they are also a great option if you’re following a low carb diet.
Black salt helps to add a real egg-like taste but is completely optional.
For more low carb vegan meals check out Vegan Keto Breakfast Smoothie, Low Carb Vegan Chai Seed Pudding, and Zoodles With Peanut Sauce.Print
Vegan Crustless Mini Quiches
- Prep Time: 10mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Are you looking for an easy hearty vegan breakfast? These mini quiches are packed with protein and fiber to keep you full and give you energy throughout the day. They can be made ahead of time for a quick breakfast on the go. With only 3.8 net carbs they’re a great low carb option. Vegan|Gluten-free
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 14oz extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flax seeds and warm water. Let sit for 10 mins.
- In the meantime, crumble the tofu into a large bowl, making sure there are no large pieces. (For a smoother texture, combine all ingredients in a food processor).
- Add the remaining ingredients an mix.
- Add the flax seeds and mix again.
- Scoop the mixture into a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Let cool for 10 mins.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: .4
- Fat: 9.9
- Saturated Fat: .9
- Carbohydrates: 9.6
- Fiber: 5.8
- Protein: 11
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Vegan, keto, low carb, breakfast
These are absolutely delicious! Before I baked mine, I poked a hole in the center of each one. Once the finished baking, I added a little piece of Chao original to give it a little melty goodness. Thank you for this awesome recipe!
I’m so glad you liked them. I love your addition of the Chao, I’ll have to try that.
Kiran k says
I tried these out this morning and was that impressed that I had to leave a comment. Such a delicious dish. Quick and easy and it looked as though I had spent all day in the kitchen. I didn’t have flaxseeds so I soaked chia seeds in water instead and wrapped vegan bacon around some.