Instant pudding mixes are a great option for a dessert while backpacking.
They are lightweight, inexpensive, high in calories, available everywhere, and several of the Jell-O instant pudding mixes are vegan.
However, they won’t set up with nondairy milk if you follow the directions on the box.
The solution? Just add less liquid.
Combine pudding with Newman-o’s cookies for a delicious parfait that only takes a few minutes to make.Print
This is a fast and easy dessert while you’re out on the trail. Dairy-free|Vegan
- One box Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 1 Tbps coconut milk powder (optional)
- 3/4-1 1/2 cold water
- 4-6 Newman-o’s cookies
- Combin the pudding mix and coconut milk powder in a quart sized freezer bag.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water and knead until well mixed.
- Continue to add cold water in small increments until it’s the desired consistency.
- Let sit for 5 mins. Add more water if needed.
- In a cup alternate layers of pudding and crumbled cookies.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 850
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 180
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Vegan, Backpacking