This quick vegan parfait is the perfect backpacking dessert recipe. It’s simple to prepare on the trail (just add water) and it’s a tasty way to add calories on your multiday hike.
Why Make A Parfait While You’re Backpacking?
Instant pudding mixes are a great option for a dessert while backpacking.
- high in calories
- quick to make
- and they’re available at just about every grocery store
Believe it or not several of the Jell-O instant pudding mixes are vegan.
However, they won’t set up with nondairy milk if you follow the directions on the box.
The solution? Just add less liquid.
Add some crumbled cookies to turn your pudding into a parfait.
Combine pudding with Newman-o’s cookies for a delicious parfait that only takes a few minutes to make.
Want More Vegan Backpacking Recipes?
- Vegan Backpacking Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Backpacking Tacos
- 10 Easy Vegan Backpacking Breakfasts
- Vegan Backpacking Curry Rice
This is a fast and easy dessert while you’re out on the trail. Dairy-free|Vegan
- One box Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 1 Tbps coconut milk powder (optional)
- 3/4–1 1/2 cold water
- 4–6 Newman-o’s cookies
- Combin the pudding mix and coconut milk powder in a quart sized freezer bag.
- Add 1/2 cup of cold water and knead until well mixed.
- Continue to add cold water in small increments until it’s the desired consistency.
- Let sit for 5 mins. Add more water if needed.
- In a cup alternate layers of pudding and crumbled cookies.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 850
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 180
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Vegan, Backpacking