Some days you put in a lot of miles and are down right
One option is to turn vegan jerky and instant mashed potatoes into an easy trail meal.
Delicious and easy.
Perfect after a long day on the trail.
For more vegan backpacking recipes check out 10 Easy Vegan Backpacking Breakfasts, Vegan Backpacking Loaded Mashed Potatoes, and Vegan Backpacking Curry Rice.Print
Vegan Backpacking Meat and Potato Bowl
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: vegan backpacking
A filling vegan “meat” and potato dish for your next backpacking trip.
- 1 box Edward & Sons Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 Package Sam’s Harvest Soy Jerky (or another brand)
- 1 Package Road’s End Savory Herb Gravy
- 2 1/4 Cup boiling water
- Add potatoes jerky to a quart sized freezer ziplock bag.
- To prepare, add boiling water. Stir and wait 5-10min.
- Make gravy by following the directions on the package. Pour over the potatoes.
Instead of pouring gravy over the bowl you could mix the dry powder into the ziplock bag with the potatoes and jerky.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 680
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 101
- Protein: 22
Keywords: vegan, backpacking
Leave a Reply