Have you ever had rice for breakfast?
Traditional rice takes a long time to cook and therefore would use a lot of fuel, but minute rice is very fast and a great option for backpacking.
Think rice is boring?
Filled with coconut, raisins, and cinnamon this rice is anything but boring.
This recipe uses powdered coconut milk, which is a great addition to backpacking meals.
It’s lightweight, makes food creamy, and helps to boost your calorie intake.Print
A quick, easy, and delicious breakfast while you’re on the trail. Vegan|Gluten-free
- 1/2 cup Minute rice
- 2 Tbsp powdered coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Combine the dry ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
- To prepare, add mixture with water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 12.1
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Gluten-free, Vegan, Backpacking, Camping, trail, easy, quick, freezer bag cooking