A vegan version of the holiday classic.
- 3 Cups pecans halves
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp warm water
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax seeds and water. Set aside for 10 min.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, spices, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl add the pecans and flax seed mixture. Stir until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Pour spice mixture over the nuts and continue stirring until they are well covered.
- Spread nuts in a thin layer over a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 mins.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 39.3
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Gluten-free, vegan, holiday, Christmas