These trail bars are based off of holiday candied nuts.
However, they would be great any time of year.
They are full of warming aromatic spices
along with pieces of candied ginger
What is candied ginger?
Also called crystallized ginger, candied ginger is ginger that has been peeled, chopped, and then cooked in simple syrup. It has a soft chewy texture like that of dried fruit.
They are perfect for the trail, or even just a snack on the go.Print
Vegan holiday spiced nuts in bar form.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the nuts, cereal, and ginger.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine the brown rice syrup and sugar. Stir continuously until boiling.
- Add the spices, salt, vanilla, and oil.
- Let boil for a full minute.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal and nuts and stir until well combined.
- Spread evenly over the 9×13 pan and let cool for about an hour.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Vegan, snack, bars, ginger, spices, gluten-free