One of my all-time favorite foods is chips and salsa. Home-made salsa is super easy to prepare and a million times better than the stuff that comes in a jar. While you can never go wrong with a traditional tomato salsa, sometimes it’s fun to switch things up a little and make some delicious corn salsa.
Since this salsa uses frozen corn it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Simply thaw the corn, add the other ingredients, and mix together.
It’s a real crowd pleaser and a great addition to any summer potluck, cookout, or barbecue.
Roasted corn salsa is easy to make and sure to be a huge hit at your next BBQ or potluck. Vegan|Gluten-free
- 16oz package of frozen roasted corn thawed
- 1/2 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, diced (optional)
- juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Thaw the corn in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the corn in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
If you don’t have time to thaw the corn overnight you can pour it into a large bowl and cover it with warm water until it’s thawed.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 80
- Fat: .6
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Vegan, salsa, corn