Butterfly pea flower and hibiscus tea are used to create this stunning drink. Perfect for the Fourth of July or any day. Vegan|Gluten-free
- 3 Tbsp butterfly pea flower tea (or blend)
- 1 1/2 boiling water
- 2 tsp hibiscus tea
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into several large sections
- 1– 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- juice from 5 large lemons
- 3 cups cold water.
- Ins separate bowls combine the butterfly pea flower and the hibiscus tea with hot water a steep for 5-10 mins or until they reach the desired colors.
- Strain and pour into ice cube trays, freeze.
- Pour the coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Juice the lemons. Strain the juice to remove seeds,
- In a large pot combine the sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and 1 cup of water. Heat over medium-low, stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Remove the ginger pieces and add the remaining water.
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place 2 ice cubes of each color into tall glasses and pour the lemonade over them.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 182
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 0
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Fourth of july, summer