Vegan Backpacking Peanut Noodle Ramen Recipe
Sometimes you need a quick no fuss meal.
Ramen is a perfect solution.
and is a perfect meal to pack if you’re on the go.
Great for the trail or the office.
Just add hot water.
I was able to find a large bag of plain ramen noodles at an Asain market. Make sure to check the cooking directions because some of them do require the noodles to be cooked separately and then drained, which kind of defeats the point.
If you can’t find plain ramen noodles you can always buy regular prepackaged ramen and discard the seasoning.Print
Ramen Peanut Noodles
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: freezer bag
- Cuisine: vegan
A fast and easy on the go meal.
- 1 package of ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded)
- 3 Tbsps powdered peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp powdered coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp powdered soup base (i used this one)
- 1 tsp dehydrated vegetables
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onions
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum (optional, this thickens the sauce but doesn’t change the flavor)
- 1 cup boil water
- 1 packet soy sauce
- Add the dry ingredients and the unopened packet of soy sauce to an airtight container until you are ready to use.
- To use, add water and soy sauce, wait 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 17
Keywords: vegan, backpacking, soup, freezer bag cooking
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
That sounds delicious! My brother would love that spicy kick to it!
Dianne's Vegan Kitchen says
This IS the perfect no-fuss meal solution!
So simple and SOOOO good!
Anything with peanuts in it is already amazing to me! It’s been a really long time since I last had a good peanut dish.
Sophia | Veggies Don't Bite says
I love ramen noodles and I love peanut noodles so perfect idea to mix the two! And that drizzle of hot sauce gets me all drooly.
Amy Katz from Veggies Save The Day says
Looks delicious! My boyfriend loves ramen, so I’ll be sure to share this recipe with him.
Thank your for this recipe. I definitely will come back to this recipe. My husband loves peanuts and this is the perfect lunch for work days. Thanks again. 🙂