Have you ever made your own dog treats?
These pumpkin dog treats are really easy to make and significantly cheaper than store-bought treats.
Making your own treats also give you complete control over what goes into them. These treats contain only wholesome ingredients.
Pumpkin and flax are both relatively high in fiber, this can be helpful if your dog is experiencing an upset stomach.
Lola was nice enough to help me test this recipe.
Pumpkin dog treats are an easy to make snack for your pup.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, flax seeds, and baking powder and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the pumpkin and oil together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix again.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out treats. Place the treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Back for 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Times will vary depending on the thickness and size of the treats.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Keywords: dog treats, vegan, pumpkin