Have you ever made your own dog treats?
These pumpkin dog treats are really easy to make and significantly cheaper than store-bought treats.
Making your own treats also give you complete control over what goes into them. These treats contain only wholesome ingredients.
Pumpkin and flax are both relatively high in fiber, this can be helpful if your dog is experiencing an upset stomach.
Lola was nice enough to help me test this recipe.
Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: dog treats
- Cuisine: Dog treats
Pumpkin dog treats are an easy to make snack for your pup.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, flax seeds, and baking powder and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the pumpkin and oil together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix again.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out treats. Place the treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Back for 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Times will vary depending on the thickness and size of the treats.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Keywords: dog treats, vegan, pumpkin
The recipe calls for 1/2 baking powder. Half tablespoon or teaspoon?
Good catch! It’s supposed to be tsp.
How long do these stay fresh?
I didn’t have a bone cookie cutter. Rolled them into thinish logs and then squeezed and shaped into bones.Came out pretty good.
Hi. Good morning! I am making the pumpkin dog treats for Nick and Twigg today
Can I batch cook and freeze these?
Lola is beautiful!
How long do these stay good for?
Presley Johnson says
I made this Recipe for my Goldendoodle for her first birthday! I used cookies cutters from Amazon, so there are many different shapes and sizes. I made plenty, so I will be handing them out to other dog owners! I never bake, so they don’t look the best, but they still turned out great! Great recipe, bear plate!
I was wondering this too? How long can they be kept?
Can the wheat flour be substitute for coconut flour??
Do you refrigerate? And shelf life would be nice to no.
Love them! Made them small for training purposes. I’d like to know how long they stay fresh for and should they be kept in the fridge?
Jessie, my Airedale, loves them. I use my pizza cutter and just cut small nickel sized squares.