Vegan Backpacking Nacho Kale Mix Recipe
Looking for a way to pack some greens on your next trip?
Typically greens aren’t great trail food.
They’re perishable and they aren’t particularly calorie dense.
Kale chips wouldn’t spoil, but they’re also pretty fragile and would be crushed in a backpack.
Trail mix made with kale chips
A.K.A. Kale mix
Make or buy kale chips.
Crush them into a powder.
Use them in this nacho flavored trail mix.
An easy way to pack greens on the trail.
Nacho flavored nuts with kale.
- One bunch of kale made into chips or equivalent of plain store-bought kale chips
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 paprika
- 1/2 powdered garlic
- 1/4 powdered onion
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 cups nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl crumble kale chips into fine flakes (approximately 1/2 cup flakes).
- Add all of the ingredients except nuts and mix well. This will have a doughy consistency.
- Let sit for 10 min.
- Add nuts and mix again.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until dry, checking and stirring every 10 min.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 28
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 14
Keywords: kale, chips, vegan