Vegan Camping BBQ Recipe
Summer is just around the corner.
You know what that means. barbecue
It’s time to start grilling!
Switch up your veggie kabobs this year with these falafel sweet cherry peppers,
also known as sweety pepps.
I found mine in the deli section of my local grocery store, but they are also sold in jars.
The easiest way to fill them is to transfer the falafel mix to a zip lock bag.
Cut off one corner of the bag and gently squeeze the contents onto the peppers.
Place the skewers on the grill with the open side of the peppers facing up to prevent the mix from falling out.Print
Vegan falafel filled peppers kabobs, perfect for your next barbecue.
- One can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- Approximately 40 sweety pepps
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- Soak 10 skewers in water for 20mins
- Add the garbanzo beans, yellow onion, cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, baking powder, and salt to a food processor and pulse until the beans and onions form a thick paste.
- Pipe mixture into the peppers.
- Gently insert the skewers into the peppers alternating with pieces of the red onion.
- Place on the grill with the open side of the pepper facing up.
- Grill until the peppers just begin to blacken.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 mins.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Protein: 6