Cowboy caviar is the easiest, quick summer meal there is! It takes only a few minutes to make and is bursting with flavor. Best of all it doesn’t require you to turn on the oven!
How To Make The Best Cowboy Caviar Recipe
To make this easy cowboy caviar recipe you’ll need corn, bell peppers, a jalapeno, black beans, red onion, avocado, and cilantro. For seasoning, you’ll need garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika along with some lime juice.
How To Serve Cowboy Caviar
You can serve this as an appetizer, a side salad, or as a main course. Personally, I love to use it as a dip for tortilla chips.
FAQ And Tips For Making Cowboy Caviar
- Corn: To make things simple I used frozen corn for this recipe, but you can also use freshly made corn on the cob or roasted corn if you prefer.
- Tomatoes: use the freshest most flavorful tomatoes you can find. While technically any kind of tomato would work in this recipe I recommend grape or Roma tomatoes. Since they have a lower water content than other varieties they are “meatier” and maintain their shape better.
- Lime Juice: fresh lime is best, but bottled will work in a pinch.
- Avocado: you want an avocado that’s soft enough you could easily pierce it with a fork, but not so soft that it falls apart when you mix it in.
- Let It Sit: while it’s totally fine to eat this right away, the flavors really come out if let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
More Summer Recipes:Print
This colorful and tasty dish that can be used as a main dish, side salad, or as a dip for your chips.
- 1 lb frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 of a red onion diced
- 2 bell peppers any color diced
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and finely diced
- 15oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced Roma or grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- the juice of one lime, about 1/4 of a cup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
In a large bowl mix together the corn, onion, peppers, beans, avocado, cilantro, and garlic together,
In a small bowl combine the lime juice, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the large bowl and stir until it is coated.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 5.2
- Protein: 9
Keywords: cowboy caviar dip, salsa, corn