This simple and filling vegan one pot chickpea curry is the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal. It’s a tasty combination of savory and slightly sweet. Plus, it’s irresistibly aromatic!
I gotta say I’m a little obsessed with this recipe.
Why Is This Curry So Amazing?
- It’s so delicious
- and best of all it’s ridiculously EASY!
How To Make One Pot Chickpea Curry
This curry is super simple to make. Start by heating oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Then saute your onions until they become translucent. Add your minced garlic and carrots and saute for another 3 minutes. Toast the curry powder by cooking it until just until it becomes frequent. Then add all of the remaining ingredients except the kale. Allow everything to cook until the carrots become tender. Then add the pieces of kale and cook for an additional two minutes.
You can serve it over rice or just eat it by its self.
FAQ And Tips For Making One Pot Chickpea Curry
- Can I add different vegetables? Absolutely, use could use a verity of vegetables such as cauliflower, potatoes, or broccoli.
- Can I make this in an Instant Pot? Yes, you can easily make this curry in an Instant Pot. Start by setting it to saute and follow instructions in the recipe bellow through step 5. Then close the lid and set the valve to “sealing”. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes then carefully release the steam. Mix in the kale and let it sit for another 2 minutes.
- Can I replace the coconut oil with a different kind of oil? Yes! Instead of coconut oil you could use olive, avocado, safflower, or any other oil that’s suitable for sauteing although it will impact the flavor.
More Vegan Curry RecipesPrint
A delicious and incredibly easy one-pot vegan curry.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 2 15.50z cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Cups Kale torn into bite sized pieces
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent about 5 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the curry and cook just until it becomes fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas, peas, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 14.5
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 13
Keywords: vegan, curry, chickpea