You might not immediately think of lentils as a breakfast food.
However, red lentils are a fantastic option.
They’re healthy, very filling, and just as customizable as oatmeal.
They cook quickly and have a creamy porage like texture.
The perfect thing to warm you up on a cold morning.
Easy vegan breakfast recipesPrint
A satisfying protein-packed breakfast option. Gluten-free|Vegan
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbps powdered coconut milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or to taste)
- 3 slices dehydrated apple sliced finely chopped
- 2 pieces candied ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Topping (optional)
- 1 Tbps dried cranberries
- 2 Tbps walnuts chopped
- In a pot combine everything except the topping and cook over med heat.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 mins.
To cut down on cooking time for a backpacking version, run the dried lentils through a food processor until they are the consistency of course sand. To cook, add ingredients together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 min.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 13.1
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Gluten-free, Vegan, Breakfast