There are so many reasons to love beets.
Beets are incredibly versatile. They’re fantastic in soup, salad, and they also make delicious beet burgers.
They have a tasty earthy flavor and most of all they’re a gorgeous red.
These plant-based burgers are smoky and satisfying.
Top them with homemade pesto for a fantastic flavor combination.
These beautiful burgers would be great served at your next summer gathering. If you want more picnic or potluck recipes check out Roasted Corn Salsa and Vegan S’mores Pie.Print
Beet Burgers with Spinach Walnut Pesto
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 80 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Smoky vegan beet burgers with tasty spinach walnut pesto.
- 3 medium beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- one can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 cups basil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut beets into half inch cubes.
- Toss with oil and bake for 30-40 mins or until you can pierce them with a fork. Allow to cool until they can be handled.
- Place the beets, chickpeas, rice, walnuts, flax, paprika, salt, and liquid smoke in a food processor.
- Pulse until there are no large pieces left.
- Divide into 6 portions and shape into patties.
- Place on parchment lined cooking sheet and bake for 25 mins.
- While the burgers are cooking combine the basil, spinach, oil, walnuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add a few tbsp of water if the mixture is too thick.
- Spread pesto on beet burgers.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 31.3
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 12
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Burger, beets, pesto
Leave a Reply